- Confirmations of registered holdings
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI)
- Holders of record
- Information and support services
- ISIN Issuance and ISIN Eligibility Services
- International services
- Registrar and paying agent
- Securities depository, custodial, entitlement
- Trade clearing and settlement
- Issuer Services
- CDS NR7-R Certification Service
CDS's role in the capital markets
CDS was formed in 1970 as Canada's capital markets were flourishing and the financial sector's processing ability was nearing its capacity. The company's mandate was to leverage new technologies and automation to build a centralized depository service and create an electronic clearing and settlement system to handle the ever-increasing trading volumes on Canada's exchanges and over-the-counter markets.
One of the world's leading depositories grew from that mandate, and in addition to depository, clearing and settlement services, CDS provides value-added information products and services to Canada's capital market participants.