|CDS maintains test region facilities allowing participants, non-participants, service bureaus and third-party vendors to test CDS functions.
Use of CDS test region
To gain access to CDS’s test region facilities, refer to the CDS test region calendar for a list of available testing days. Then complete the Test region request form (CDSX844) and contact CDS Customer Service at 416-365-8426 two weeks in advance of the required testing dates.
Customer Service will confirm your requested test dates, outline the applicable fees and help with submitting any additional forms to CDS.
Support and fees
CDS also provides the following support for test region users:
The complete schedule of fees for the test region service are outlined in the current Fees. Testing is free of charge in the following circumstances:
- Preliminary meeting with Customer Service to determine requirements
- Customer Service and IT Service Desk set-up and support
- Ongoing support during the testing period.
- Testing for new CDS participants, provided testing is scheduled within the first 90 calendar days after the date of the board's approval of an application for participation
- Testing required to support the implementation of CDS releases, within a stipulated time period for that particular release
Advance notice of test region requirement should be provided (two weeks preferred) to allow for any testing set-up and to ensure the availability of testing and technical support that may be required of CDS.
Testing outside of CDS’s published schedule will be done on a best-efforts basis and additional charges will apply.