CDS Issuer Services are offered by CDS Clearing and Depository Services for Canadian securities issuers. We provide efficient processing solutions for all CDS depository-eligible securities to issuers, financial intermediaries and, indirectly, to security-holders.
CDS Issuer Services works directly with issuers and their authorized representatives in support of the many steps in securities issuance, administration, and entitlement processing. CDS is Canada's National Numbering Agency for issuing ISIN identifiers. We assess securities for eligibility in the Canadian Depository, facilitate timely communication between issuers and their stakeholders, and process and distribute critical entitlement and corporate event information to Issuers' investors in respect of CDS-eligible securities.
- Ensure the prompt assignment of International Security Identification Numbers (ISINs) to prospective securities
- Work with Issuers or their agents to ensure that their securities are rapidly made eligible for deposit with CDS Clearing and Depository Services Inc. (CDS), Canada's designated and recognized clearing and settlement system
- Provide access to robust, reliable, and efficient entitlement processing infrastructure and we manage asset transfers resulting from corporate action events
- Coordinate investor instructions and the timely communication of these instructions to issuers and their representatives
- Enable the secure and seamless transfer of trillions of dollars of entitlement payments from issuers to beneficial holders each year
- Facilitate electronic transmission of large value payments, reducing the cost and risk associated with cheques and tracking of lost or outstanding payments
- Act as a central conduit for disseminating entitlement and corporate action information to financial intermediaries and their beneficial security-holders
- Provide an electronic register of dematerialized securities, reducing processing time, the risk of forged, lost, or stolen certificates, and the potential for missed elections on corporate actions
Our ongoing commitment is to work with issuers, and other industry stakeholders, to identify ways to enhance our processes and to seek solutions to address operational inefficiencies.
Our promise is to provide high value, low cost services to our clients. We regularly benchmark ourselves against our global peers to ensure we deliver.
In a study conducted earlier this year by Butterill and Associates, CDS fees were compared to service providers in the United States, Europe, Australia, Asia and Africa in the areas of clearing, settlement, custody and corporate actions processing for equity and debt instruments across on-exchange and OTC markets.
We are proud to say that the study found that CDS is a low priced provider of clearing and settlement services and that we are extremely competitive in most areas from a cost perspective for both equity and debt securities.
Click here to review the study.